View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 9:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
New Star Trek Series in Production 
Captain
Captain

Small tidbit from Jonathan Frakes. Picard will not be in Starfleet and he isn't allowed to disclose what his role (Rikers) will be in the series.

Sounds like he will at least return as an actor. Thing is Frakes is very active now directing and has done two more episodes for Discovery this season. Easy to see returning to the chair for a couple of episodes in this series.

Another interesting point to note. CBS have been active recently trademarking new names all attached to video content/streaming multimedia aka TV shows. The names consist of Star Trek Desiny, Revolution, Starfleet Academy, Reliant and Ceti Alpha V. Lower Decks was recently announced and trademarked at a similar timeframe to this lot.

This is interesting for a couple of reasons. We know rumored shows included a short series about Kahn and a Starfleet Academy teen drama show. Both of those remarkably are covered here totally. Revolution and Destiny though are the unknown ones, many pen Destiny as the Picard series. The Section 31 series doesn't have a name yet either. So we have three upcoming shows Reliant, Revolution and Destiny as of yet assigned to anything.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:58 am
Captain
Captain

Will Lucky wrote:
Small tidbit from Jonathan Frakes. Picard will not be in Starfleet and he isn't allowed to disclose what his role (Rikers) will be in the series.

Sounds like he will at least return as an actor. Thing is Frakes is very active now directing and has done two more episodes for Discovery this season. Easy to see returning to the chair for a couple of episodes in this series.

I think that's reading too much into it. Frakes saying he can't talk about it doesn't mean he's in the show. That could easily be true for a director as well. I hope Riker DOES show up but the way Frakes keeps saying "everyone would love to come back" makes it sound like he's part of that group.

I thought everybody already assumed Picard would no longer be in Starfleet - that has been hinted at from the beginning. I could see him being an ambassador or a teacher or something. I think the ambassador role is less likely, since Patrick is involved in the production and he probably thinks that's "boring". I would expect he's in charge of some exciting project or something.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... -civil-war

Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:19 am
Captain
Captain

Moses Rockafeller wrote:
Will Lucky wrote:

I think that's reading too much into it. Frakes saying he can't talk about it doesn't mean he's in the show. That could easily be true for a director as well. I hope Riker DOES show up but the way Frakes keeps saying "everyone would love to come back" makes it sound like he's part of that group.

I thought everybody already assumed Picard would no longer be in Starfleet - that has been hinted at from the beginning. I could see him being an ambassador or a teacher or something. I think the ambassador role is less likely, since Patrick is involved in the production and he probably thinks that's "boring". I would expect he's in charge of some exciting project or something.

Again, depends on if the events of the comics in the run up to 09 are Canon. If so he has at least served as an ambassador prior to this point, whether that continues however is another question entirely. Hell could be the adventures of archeologist Picard for all we know.

And yes very true about Frakes, probably me reading too optimistically into it.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2